FOX56 WOLF is seeking a hands-on News Manager, with strong leadership and coaching skills. This manager oversees the gathering of content for one nightly newscast and digital platforms. The ideal candidate values creative storytelling and providing distinctive content. You must have a passion for local news, be able to multi-task and have an eye for detail. We need someone who can grow our audience and social engagement plus oversee any special projects.
- Managing the station’s news department, setting budgets, establishing goals and coverage plans, as well as directing news staff.
- Initiating and managing growing content delivery both on linear and digital platforms.
- Teaching, coaching, guiding the newsroom for best practices.
- Fostering an inspiring and inclusive culture.
- Working with corporate management to establish news and weather content, philosophy, and direction.
- Reviewing daily newscasts and digital content to ensure quality control, brand compliance, and provide feedback to news staff.
- Recruiting, hiring, and negotiating contracts for news department personnel.
- Collaborating with other managers to develop marketing plans, establish ratings goals, and effectively reach goals.
- Working with producers to create engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content.
- Planning and executing daily operations and sponsored content compliance within news.
- Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws.
- Exceptional written communication skills using a conversational writing style.
- A demonstrated ability to manage a newsroom and a proven track record of success in building winning news content.
- Journalism/Communications degree.
- Assignment desk or reporting background is helpful.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We’re at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.